The New Yorker Book of Literary Cartoons
Reviewed: March 12, 2004
By: edited by Bob Mankoff
Publisher: Pocket Books
104 pages, $0.00
• a man standing among “first editions” section of
a used bookstore, holding a large stone tablet ...
• the ad for Hernia - the latest blockbuster
by Stephen King ...
• mobsters bimbo looking around a vacant apartment
filled with bookshelves: “Holy cow! What kind of crazy people used to live
• a different way of arranging the books in a store:
small, medium. large ...
• scene in large book store: “We have a calendar
based on the book, stationary based on the book, an audio tape of the book,
and a videotape of the movie based on the book, but we don’t have the book.”
If you’re a reader you’ll get a kink out of this collection.